NEXT Exam for Medical students – Exam Details
- March 1, 2022
- Posted by: Shreeniza
- Category: Uncategorized
NExT Exam Pattern
NExT will comprise of two parts:
1. Theory (NExT-1)
- Theory questions will be multiple-choice questions (MCQs).
- NExT-1 will be conducted after the final year MBBS before the internship.
- The score obtained in NExT-1 will help you to gain a PG seat after the internship.
- Thus NExT-1 will be a qualifying exam as well as a competitive exam.
- The Score of the NExT-1 exam will be valid for 2 to 3 years for the PG Entrance ranking.
- NExT 1 includes major subjects, minor subjects, and allied subjects.
2. Practical (NExT-2)
- Students who successfully pass NExT-1 will have to clear NExT-2 which comprises an oral and practical examination at the end of the internship.
- NExT-2 will be a pass/ fail type of exam.
- Marks in NExT-2 will not contribute to PG seat allocation.
- There will be unlimited attempts in the NExT exam.
The total NEXT questions are divided into 60% Problem Solving, 30% Comprehension and Analysis, and 10% Recall.